Monday, January 14, 2019

Chapter Twelve - Honeymoon Deferred

Next morning, it was back to the daily grind. No honeymoon for us; we had to keep the simoleons rolling in. River trudged out in the snow to retrieve the mail. Just because we were newly married didn't mean that the bills would stop in celebration of our union. We still had things to do, tasks to accomplish and we had to keep making our life work.

River met with Phil again to pass along yet another painting that he'd bought from my wife. Thank goodness for winter tires. River's a good driver so I didn't feel the slightest bit worried about her being out on winter roads. It's the other dim wits on the road that I worry about. After all, you never know exactly what they will do in a given situation.

River came home and started another painting. Her canvas creations were impressive and my friend Phil, whose career with the VFD was going really well, was more than enamored of his new acquisition which he promptly hung on his wall. And it was a couple thousand simoleons more that went in the bank thanks to his purchase. River and I were now doing pretty well.

I, of course, had things of a more agronomical bent, toiling in the greenhouse and keeping our chickens and cows well-fed. At least it was something that I could do with my hands and it kept me busy.

...and I had to make deliveries to our local Jules Bistro of some fresh produce from the garden. Luckily my Yomoshoto Evasion could negotiate the roads as well, considering that we'd put winters on the vehicle at the beginning of the season. Trust me, they're expensive to exchange tires. I could technically do it myself, but knowing my ineptness with mechanics, I'd probably end up having the thing go off the jack and crush me, or my tires would fall off the axles while doing eighty down Highway Number 1.

Of course, the minute I got back, I got lovingly accosted by my wife. Though of course we had to have dinner beforehand. Yeah, being married made that especially fun. Hey...at least we got clean...

We didn't have very many animals to deal with; cows and chickens at the most. It kept us in farm-fresh eggs and milk (which we turned to cheese). I find that the cheese sells pretty well down at the local market. Of course, there's always the sim that likes stinky cheese. That's why I've been able to sell my the putrid and the well-aged cheeses. Whatever suits their palate; who am I to judge.

River continued her painting from earlier and I worked on my writing skill. Once I was finished that I worked on my guitar skill which I was going to need to accomplish my Lifetime Wish which was identical to River's

Yes, River and I were grateful to be living in one of the best cities in the world. Of course the prices of home in Vancouver were getting to be outrageous and it was hard to figure out whether or not we would continue to be able to hold this property or end up having to move into the Interior of BC but we figured that we would try to do our best. With the mayoral change in Vancouver, it was something that we would have to consider in the future, but for right now, we were going to hang on and see what happens.

We'll do the best that we can and let the chips fall where they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment